guerres mondiales Index du Forum

guerres mondiales
Ici, c'est pour parler de la WWI et de la WWII

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Scotland's Andy Robertson says players must prove their wort

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    guerres mondiales Index du Forum -> World War I (WWI->1914/1918) -> Photos
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Mar - 10:03 (2018)    Sujet du message: Scotland's Andy Robertson says players must prove their wort Répondre en citant

sbobet online 24 Alex McLeish’s reign as Scotland boss gives all of the players a "clean slate", according to full-back Andy Robertson.

McLeish was appointed as Gordon Strachan's successor last month, and his gets his second spell in charge underway against Costa Rica on Friday, live on Sky Sports Football.

Liverpool left-back Robertson is one of the more experienced players in Scotland's squad - despite just turning 24 - and he believes McLeish's arrival will invigorate Scotland's untested players in particular.

"Especially for the young lads and the new boys - I think it helps that a new manager is in because it is a clean slate for everyone," Robertson told Sky Sports News.

"We all have to prove ourselves to the manager. He's obviously seen us play for our clubs but we have never worked under him other than maybe Greggs [Alan McGregor], who has worked under him at Rangers. Other than that, we need to prove ourselves, and we need to prove that we are worthy of a place in the starting XI or a place in the squad.

"I think that will help maybe the young lads, and the new lads in the squad, and perhaps boys that didn't get a chance under previous managers. That's the excitement of a new manager and especially in international football a lot can change. People can build confidence and hopefully we can use that."

Robertson remains grateful to former boss Strachan but says McLeish has already begun to make his mark on this Scotland squad.

"Gordon gave me my debut and played me in big games and put his faith in me, Robertson said. sbobet online 24

"I'll always hold him in high regard and I think a lot of the boys do [as well] but obviously the [new] gaffer now has come in. Him and the coaches have come across really well, but after getting a few more training sessions and a couple of games under our belts, we can see how he fully works.

"I think it will certainly take this week for him to get his points across. But first impressions are always important, and in his first meeting he came across really positive and gave the boys belief coming out of it.

"I think that's what we need and long may that continue."

Robertson and Celtic's Kieran Tierney, who has been ruled out for the friendlies with a calf injury, have both been mentioned as potential candidates to replace former captain Scott Brown, who retired from international football last month.

The 24-year-old says he would be honoured to lead his country but insists whoever gets the role going forward has a huge job in replacing Scotland's influential former skipper .

"If you ask any of the boys if they'd like to captain their country I don't think they would turn their nose at it," Robertson added.

"But there's plenty of candidates in there. I've been in the squad with the experienced lads and there were a lot of leaders in there even when Scott Brown was here. He was a fantastic captain for a number of years and we were very lucky to have him and Darren Fletcher, who both led by example and did a terrific job.

"Whoever gets it will have big boots to fill. The armband is a massive source of pride but it won't stop people leading on the pitch." sbobet online 24

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Mar - 10:03 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    guerres mondiales Index du Forum -> World War I (WWI->1914/1918) -> Photos Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation